Friday, March 22, 2013

Quiltmaker Block Party ~ Portland, Oregon

Thursday at Block Party I took a class from Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts called Hex n More. The first part of the class was learning to use her new ruler which cuts triangles, hexagons, half hexagons, and jewel shapes each in four sizes.



Here are all the class blocks - mine is on the upper left partially hanging off and upper right partially off the board.
\

The last half of the class we chose one of five patterns and brought material to make that quilt. Since I forgot this part of the class until a couple days before I chose the new pattern which was released on the class day - we were the first to see it.


Here are the four block I got done - I chose fabric colors I don't normally use.

No comments:

Post a Comment