Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day Two of the Block Party

Day two of the Block Party in Portland was a class with Gudrun Erla called Strip to be Square. Gudrun showed us a number of her gorgeous quilts during class.




The jelly roll I used was Kate Spain's Cuzco - quite a departure for me with bright orange and gold.
I managed to complete 4 blocks even though I was in so much pain from my right arm and shoulder I was almost in tears by 10:30 am and class went until 4:30.

I think I am going to really like this quilt - and it is really very easy - as long as you pay attention to what you are doing.

At dinner we received a package of really nice Ty Pennington fat quarters. I also won the table centerpiece material which was from Gudrun Erla's new fabric line for Red Rooster Fabrics which will be in stores in June. It was four 1/2 yard pieces - so two yards of material total. She gave us a preview of the line and I can't wait until it comes out.




No comments:

Post a Comment