Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What a Beautiful Baby!

After saving money since last April when I first tried my friend Sue's Singer Featherweight at Hood Canal, I was able to get one after Christmas from Super Sew and Vac on Kent's East Hill (they had been recommended as a trustworthy place to have my sewing machine serviced by Paula at A-1 Vacuum in Kelso.) I went in there to have my tired and cranky Pfaff 6270 serviced (it has a lot of road miles on it traveling up and down the freeways of Washington with me) and noticed they had Featherweights for $300 (they can sell for as much as $600.)


The case is a little beat up but in works great still - and it has its original manual. The machine had been serviced and the foot pedal and the cord replaced. It was made sometime between 1939 and 1941 which when I was collecting Lionel trains - was a good thing.

It sews like a dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment