Sunday, July 20, 2014

Glacier Star - Class 2 of 6

Yesterday was Class #2  Geese in a Pond. Of course, as usual, I didn't get as much done as I had hoped but we were given hints for Technique 3 so I am hoping to be able to work a little bit ahead.

I finished 8 out of 15 sections on the eight blocks.

I haven't finished the Geese in a Pond but the next two geese will be shades of green which may not seem like it is goes with the New York Beauty block but there is a lot of green in the coordinating fabric for the border so it should be OK - I hope. It will definitely be different for me. I don't usually like to mix too many colors because then it gets too scrappy for me. I have eliminated a number of different fabrics already and I'm using more of the same fabric then what I started out with.

I am really enjoying taking this class from Linda Tellesbo. She teaches Judy Niemeyer Foundation Piecing classes all over Western Washington.  Judy designs the absolute best paper piecing patterns I have ever used so with the combination of Judy and Linda I had no choice but to sign up for another class - Bali Wedding Star. I am probably overbooking myself but I already had the Bali Wedding Star pattern and I did want to do it eventually - and it is fun sewing with others.

I am having trouble deciding between doing a white background or a tan background.

Choices, Choices.....

I wasn't going to buy any more fabric but it is all Pam's fault at the The Quilt Barn. It was her newsletter with the picture of the gorgeous Glacier Star that made me want to sign up for the class. I actually had zero batiks in my stash - at least I did a month ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment