Friday, May 2, 2014

A Sewing Weekend In Clatskanie, Oregon

It was wonderful driving out in the country again. I really hate city life. I have lived either in a small town or out in the country for most of my life.



I took Friday off and drove down that morning arriving at around noon. I beat Ann's sister by about an hour! Another co-worker Moe from the City of Longview joined us on Saturday and brought us a yummy breakfast. We had a great day visiting and sewing. Ann quilted this table runner and then put the binding on it. It was made out of scraps leftover from a quilt.


I convinced Ann to remove stitches from a quilt top from an attempt at using the quilting machine at Susie's shop about five years ago (she does a wonderful job with her sewing machine - she doesn't need a quilting machine.) It is so much easier to tackle these icky jobs that we put off when we are all together talking.

Sue started cutting and sewing strips for a new quilt and Moe was cutting and sewing on a block of the month that she had gotten behind on.

I spent Friday night cutting out additional material for blocks that I messed up on which has kept me from making any progress on the Carpenter's Delight Quilt.

On Saturday morning, I also cut out material to make a block for Julie Herman's wedding quilt and to make me a Rock Candy Table Topper which she designed. Julie & Law's block will be just out of the solid Kona fabric; my table topper will have some of the batiks also.

The wedding block will be a 6" finished triangle.

On Saturday I was finished cutting off the excess fabric from the paper pieced stars I did for the Joy Christmas quilt and then sewed the stars together. 
The next icky project is tearing off all of the paper on the back of the stars so I can sew them together and have another finished row.


I also sewed together some blocks for the Carpenter's Delight BOM quilt. I am so close to being done if I can just get these blocks finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment