Sunday, August 17, 2014

Glacier Star - Class 3 of 6 and Final Report on Technique 3

A number of people missed Class 3 - so it was a very laid back class. The teacher Linda found my background fabric for the Bali Wedding Star class on September 21st, and I found all of the center star and corner fabrics. I have fabric to get cut out before class in September. Our Technique 4 class for Glacier Star is not until October 4th and I have that fabric cut out and I would like to get a head start on sewing it. Somehow I need to work in time to finish my 52 Ancestors posts for August 10th and August 17th which is going to be on my Dad.

In class I finished one Lone Star block and attached it to the Geese in a Pond block.

I also got the C1 units done which are the three pieces on the left , the C2 units which are the next three in a row and then the last four on the right which is the C3 units and part of them sewn together. I finished the rest of the seven Lone Star blocks after class.

Today when I got back from lunch with Shelley, I finished sewing the Lone Stars to the Geese in a Pond.

Tomorrow I will finish cutting out the material for Technique 5 and start cutting out the Bali Wedding Star. Then I need to get my blog done for August 24th, and finish the two for Dad before I start sewing on Technique 4. It will be an incentive because I am eager to see out the center of the quilt will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment