Monday, November 30, 2020

My Glacier Star Project - Almost Complete

Wow, my first post in 5 years and almost two months. I finally figured out how to get into my account. I tried changing the email account I used with it and then it wouldn't let me edit and then I couldn't get in at all.

I have worked on the Glacier Star during three quilts retreat at the Sewing Basket in Prosser, Washington and spent countless hours at home working on it.

                                              


These flying geese are from January 22, 2016
 

These are from September 21, 2018- Some of the sections still need to sewn together. When we go to Prosser, it is three or four days of sewing.

 

At this point once I had it sewn together, the Glacier Star quilt was basically done, but me being me I had to add the Queen Extension.


January 26, 2020 My Glacier Star Quilt top is done

Five years seven months and 2 weeks since I purchased the material and the top is finally done. The wonderful teacher that I started the class with died of cancer just before the last class. It was hard to pick it up and work on it after that so I had to give it some time. I got the top quilted in March 2020 so all that is left to do is the binding.



No comments:

Post a Comment